The Bridge Project: Support, Prepare and Engage Vulnerable Youth is a USAID funded OVC project focusing on improving the health and economic security of vulnerable youth by addressing the socio-economic factors that mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS, thereby reducing their risk and vulnerability, and providing them with structured support during their transition to becoming healthy, educated and socially well-adjusted adults.
YFC KZN is currently looking for a Senior Finance Officer to provide financially oversight and guidance to the Bridge Project in eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal
The successful candidate must have:
- Matric plus a National Diploma/ Degree in Accounting or Finance related qualification.
- Previous experience in working on USAID or USG funded grant required with good understanding
- Ideally 3-5 years’ relevant experience working managing in an NGO environment.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel spread sheets and with
- accounting software (ideally QuickBooks)
- Bookkeeping skills to trial balance
- Ability to generate and analyse financial reports
- Demonstrated attention to detail / accuracy
- Demonstrated problem resolution abilities (up & down management lines)
- Good verbal and written communication and interactive skills.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Compile and review monthly financial reports, including bank reconciliations
- Review supporting documentation against Financial Report and sub-agreement budget
- Work with project manager to address and resolve queries related to the financial report
- Work with programme manager to address and resolve outstanding liquidation and financial
- Prepare and capture all transactions, ie authorised requisitions, journal entries, bank recons, invoices, bills in the liquidation of expenses
- Process advances and reimbursement for project and monitor / manage project cash flow
- Receive and review monthly cost share reports and supporting documentation
- Prepare and submit to Director and Finance Manager monthly income / expense reports
- YFC KZN Admin / Finance team with subsequent budget input / year-end related work as
- Compile / submit expense requisitions timeously and accurately to Programme Manager and YFC Admin for authorisation, and assist with all / any related queries
- Compile / submit all payroll related issues timeously and accurately to YFC KZN Admin for processing and assist with all / any related queries
- Compile / submit monthly reports as required (excel and / or QuickBooks) to YFC KZN
- Finance (Bookkeeper) for monthly consolidations and VAT submissions, and assist with all/any related queries
Remuneration package includes company provident fund contribution and medical allowance.
Suitably qualified candidates with Christian values aligned to the organisation to submit a CV at HR to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday the 11th February 2019