The Bridge Project: Support, Prepare and Engage Vulnerable Youth is a USAID funded OVC project focusing on improving the health and economic security of vulnerable youth by addressing the socio-economic factors that mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS, thereby reducing their risk and vulnerability, and providing them with structured support during their transition to becoming healthy, educated and socially well-adjusted adults.
YFC KZN is currently looking for a Project Director to provide oversight and guidance to the Bridge Project in eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal
S/he will have responsibility for all aspects of technical and operational program management to optimize program performance and outcomes. This includes systematic monitoring of program results against targets and work plans, operationalization of program standards, and employing data for decision-making
and course correction. S/he will ensure effective coordination with key stakeholders including government, CBOs, and private sector. The Project Director will ensure program effectiveness and cost efficiency through appropriate human and financial resource management.
The Project Manager will report into the KZN Regional Director for Youth for Christ.
Specific job responsibilities include:
1. Fulfill the overall leadership position and representative for the Bridge Project at YFC KZN;
2. Serve as the YFC KZN Bridge Project official contact point and provide overall project management and strategic direction for the project;
3. Facilitate collaboration and relationships between YFC KZN, districts’ support partners, Department of Health, Social Development, Education and other stakeholders to successfully achieve Bridge OVC sub-population targets and service provision to all beneficiaries;
4. Oversee technical (OVC, HIV and economic strengthening) implementation and operational functions for achieving the goals of the project;
5. Continually review and improve project activities, staffing and operations to ensure project activities are aligned to expected outcomes;
6. Ensuring continued and effective cooperation and synergies between field staff, supervisors, technical champions, monitoring and evaluation staff and operational departments in support of timely and seamless implementation;
7. Ensure routine QA and QI plans and processes are implemented for continued project improvements and target achievements;
8. Monitor project activities for results and maintaining frequent contact with funders, stakeholders and YFC staff informing about project progress and actual or potential problems;
9. Prepare and submit on time; routine activity schedules, progress reports, situational analyses, as well as routine and contractual deliverables;
10. Oversee the development and routine reviews of annual implementation plans, budgets, and other funder deliverables;
11. Attend trainings, meetings and progress reviews as requested;
12. Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Regional Director
1. A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, economic strengthening, or related field;
2. A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in technical and operational program management of large-scale complex development activities in OVCY, HIV and economic strengthening fields;
3. A minimum of 3 years of experience in management of a PEPFAR-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting;
4. Demonstrated ability to manage large teams and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, community and other civil society organizations, and the private sector;
5. Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government program management regulations.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
1. Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills;
2. Knowledge of SAG and PEPFAR policies and guidelines on economic strengthening, OVCY and HIV prevention implementation;
3. Energetic, independent, self-motivated;
4. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team;
5. Good knowledge of basic computer skills (email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
6. Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English;
7. Valid driver’s licenses.
Remuneration package includes company provident fund contribution and medical allowance.
Suitably qualified candidates with Christian values aligned to the organization to submit a CV at HR to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday the 11th February 2019