The Bridge, a project of Youth for Christ KZN seeks to employ Full Time 2x Junior Facilitators in Durban. Salary R5 500.00 per month
The Bridge, a project of Youth for Christ KZN seeks to employ Full-time Junior Facilitators based in Durban.
- Must have grade 12
- Qualification on Child and Youth Care or Social Auxiliary Work will be an added advantage
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be a Christian
- Must be between the age of 18 to 35
- Have good facilitation and counselling skills
- Must have economic strengthening components, vhutshilo curriculums and or let’s talk training
- Previous experience working with AGYW and OVCY
- Understanding of the NGO sector will be an advantage
- Must be able to work in a team context
- Must be able to have integrity and maintaining confidentiality.
- To encourage learners to participate on the activities that are proceeding
- Deliver age appropriate school based HIV/ Violence prevention education workshops (OVC and non OVC)
- Referral for voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC)
- Invitation of DOH to motivate boys to get circumcised as a key HIV prevention strategy.
- Keep participants’ information confidential
- To make sure that condoms demonstrations and distributions happen.
- Follow up on drop outs and the reason for non-attendance and motivate for re-enrolment
- Provide necessary support to all the project beneficiaries OVC and non OVC and their caregivers.
- Facilitate access to Post Violence Care to AGYW, OVCY and non OVCY beneficiaries
Mobilize and conduct stakeholders buy in section.
- To engage with relevant government departments such as DoH, DoBE, DoHA, etc., parents as well as community leaders.
- To disseminate information to key stakeholders.
- Refer cases to other departments when it is necessary
- Undertake research as required by the program.
To undertake administrative duties of the program
- To attend and actively participate in staff weekly meetings.
- To read and familiarize yourself with training manuals.
- To take minutes during staff meetings
- Attend internal and external training as specified by the program
- Completion of the attendance registers accordingly.
- Fill the information form correctly and verify the information with the relevant youth.
- Observe and abide to YFC policies
- Be guided by YFC values (Christianity, Teamwork, Excellence, Integrity, People)
- Compile your personal development plan and submit to your supervisor.
- Update your individual file as necessary.
- To submit your monthly timesheet
- To attend debriefing sessions
- To attend monthly debriefing sessions and staff meetings
- To attend and actively participate in devotion sessions.
An added advantage will be for those who are residing in Durban.
Suitably qualified Christian’s candidates to submit a 3-page CV, motivational letter and certified qualifications to HR Department [email protected]
N.B: Those who fail to follow the above instructions should consider their application Unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications: 17th March 2020